Sirius Computer Solutions Engagement Manager in Walnut Creek, California
The primary purpose of this position is to oversee and manage the relationship with one or more customers throughout ongoing engagements. This position manages the overall service delivery and serves as the primary escalation point and customer sponsor.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
• Management and oversight of multiple simultaneous projects with one or more customers
• Management of overall service delivery and customer escalation
• Guide project managers and technical staff on milestones and deliverables
• Work with customers on maintaining technical roadmaps, initiatives, and long-term planning
• Manage customer resource planning and financial aspects
• Prioritize all requests for resources directed for the specific customer
• Advise Sirius management on active customer engagements
• Work with Service Delivery management, Practice Managers, and Sales on staffing and pipeline activity
• Direct and participate in formal customer sessions including steering committees and launch teams
• Drive overall customer satisfaction, scope control and general engagement satisfaction
• Hires, trains, develops, and evaluates team members, taking corrective action as necessary in accordance with company policy
• Bachelor’s degree in information technology, project management, computer science, or related field
• At least ten (10) years experience working on infrastructure projects or consulting in a technical or supporting role, e.g. program/project manager, technical leadership, etc. to include four (4) years directly managing technical projects or programs
Other Required Qualifications
• Demonstrated ability to understand a client’s requirements and present appropriate options
• Demonstrated project/program management skills
• Demonstrated knowledge of application programming, database, and system design
• Demonstrated presentation and communication skills
• Project Management Professional certification
• Risk Management Professional certification
• Scrum Master certification
• Demonstrated knowledge in industry-standard methodologies, including project management, program management, system development lifecycles (i.e. PMBOK, CMM, RUP, Agile, and/or RAD)
• Experience evaluating customer strategy, and creating and executing new sales
Data Privacy and Security
• All Sirius employees are responsible to safeguard the information and information systems that they use or handle in the execution of their duties. Employees are obligated to know and perform their duties in accordance with Sirius policies, standards, and procedures related to security and report security violations to the appropriate Sirius authority.
• Participate at hire and annually in the Information Security Awareness training as well as other required training identified by the Human Resources department. Other data privacy and data security related regulatory training may be required based on your role or assignment.
The position exists to provide consulting solutions to customers and as such requires the ability to travel to and from customer sites and interact with customers on an ongoing and regular basis.
The above primary duties, responsibilities, and position requirements are not all inclusive.
Sirius is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. As a government contractor, Sirius takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans; maintains a drug-free workplace; and participates in E-Verify.
Individuals who receive job offers will be required to complete pre-employment screening that includes a background check verifying name, residences, education, work experience, and criminal convictions consistent with the Fair Credit Reporting Act; and a drug test for controlled substances consistent with the Drug-Free Workplace Act and the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Sirius will not sponsor work eligibility for this position.