Sirius Computer Solutions Information Technology Associate in San Antonio, Texas
This position will develop an understanding of the Sirius’ IT department processes and technologies used to deliver support through provided cross-training. Working closely with the various IT department personnel, this position will develop skills and experience in our Service Desk, Operations, Development, Service Management and Project Delivery teams, leading to a position assignment that meets current business needs and leverages the skills developed in cross-training.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
• Attains exposure and knowledge of Sirius’ Help Desk, IT Operations & Infrastructure, Application Development, and Application Administration and Support through cross-training program which may include activities around:
o Trouble ticket, problem determination, security configuration, hardware/software installation
o Deployment and management of network infrastructure o Maintenance of virtual and physical network topologies
o Identification and network security and performance concerns o Configuration and maintenance of Active Directory infrastructure
o Support and configuration of Enterprise applications o Change management processes o Maintaining technical documentation
o Software development, testing and implementation o Data extraction, analysis, and transformation o Identifying and documenting core business requirements
• Develops and demonstrates traits consistent with business-focused IT Services that is customer-driven
• All Sirius employees are responsible to safeguard the information and information systems that they use or handle in the execution of their duties. Employees are obligated to know and perform their duties in accordance with Sirius policies, standards, and procedures related to security and report security violations to the appropriate Sirius authority.
• Participate at hire and annually in the Information Security Awareness training as well as other required training identified by the Human Resources department. Other data privacy and data security related regulatory training may be required based on your role or assignment.
• Associate’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Management Information Systems or related field
Other Position Requirements
• Demonstrated ability to acquire new skills and master new technologies
• Demonstrated communication and presentation skills
• Demonstrated logical thinking and problems solving skills
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and balance priorities
• Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Management Information Systems related field
• Work or academic project experience in an IT-related discipline in one or more of the following:
o Desktop PCs including Windows and Mac systems
o Server management and support for Windows and Linux systems
o Relational databases
o Structured Query Language (SQL)
o Web Application Server architectures
o Design, configuration and troubleshooting TCPIP networks
o Software development including design, coding, quality testing and performance
o Software packaging and deployment
o Enterprise IT security
o Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
o Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) or ITSM practices
o Microsoft Exchange Administration
o Enterprise Mobility Management
The above primary duties, responsibilities, and position requirements are not all inclusive.
Sirius is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. As a government contractor, Sirius takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans; maintains a drug-free workplace; and participates in E-Verify.
Individuals who receive job offers will be required to complete pre-employment screening that includes a background check verifying name, residences, education, work experience, and criminal convictions consistent with the Fair Credit Reporting Act; and a drug test for controlled substances consistent with the Drug-Free Workplace Act and the Americans with Disabilities Act. Sirius will not sponsor work eligibility for this position.