Sirius Computer Solutions Sr. Solutions Specialist - Drupal in Columbus, Ohio
The primary purpose for this position is to build software solutions using Drupal and related open source solutions that meet the business needs of our clients. The position may participate in solution design, hands-on coding, platform installation and configuration, component deployment, testing, and/or documentation activities according to the needs of the project. The position may also provide technical pre-sales support as needed.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
• Provide solution design, software development, platform administration, and/or database administration solutions to clients using Drupal and related products
• Create technical and conceptual specifications in support of the clients’ business needs and functional specifications
• Consult and make recommendations to clients and project leadership regarding Drupal technical implementations and best practices
• Develop custom code and interfaces to other application systems as defined by the technical specifications
• Conduct Unit Testing
• Resolve issues discovered during System/Integration Testing, and User Acceptance Testing
• Develop detailed documentation of solution design and code
• Work with customers to clarify needs and requirements and to build a solution design
• Participate in the design and development of web-based solutions
• Assist clients to develop or express an organizational strategy for accomplishing strategic technology goals
• Assist clients to identify appropriate technologies for accomplishing their strategic technology goals
Basic Qualifications -
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or a related field
• At least five (5) years Information Technology experience, including at least two (2) years' hands on development experience with Drupal
• Demonstrated knowledge, implementation skills, and understanding of the core Drupal
stack and architectural concepts
Other Position Requirements –
• Experience with Drupal versions 7 and 8
• Experience with Drupal development including creating forms, content types, custom views, themes, and configuration management
• Experience with RESTful services
• Experience with core technologies, including Apache, PHP, Twig, hooks, theme development and module development
• Experience as a member of a technical project team, from design through delivery
• Experience troubleshooting and identifying potential problems and making appropriate changes as necessary
• Experience creating technical documentation
• Demonstrated presentation and communication skills, including the ability to communicate directly with clients to explain technical concepts
• Demonstrated interpersonal skills
• Demonstrated ability to use common design patterns and a working knowledge of best practices to create custom templates, fields, modules, and system modifications
• Experience developing systems using Agile methodologies
• Experience in documenting user stories, system test scripts, and user acceptance test scripts
• Demonstrated knowledge of Business Analysis modeling tools (e.g. Activity Diagrams, Process Flows, State Diagrams)
• Consulting experience
Data Privacy and Security:
• All Sirius employees are responsible to safeguard the information and information systems that they use or handle in the execution of their duties. Employees are obligated to know and perform their duties in accordance with Sirius policies, standards, and procedures related to security and report security violations to the appropriate Sirius authority.
• Participate at hire and annually in the Information Security Awareness training as well as other required training identified by the Human Resources department. Other data privacy and data security related regulatory training may be required based on your role or assignment.
The position exists to provide technical consulting solutions to customers and as such requires the ability to travel to and from customer sites and interact with customers on an ongoing and regular basis.
The above primary duties, responsibilities, and position requirements are not all inclusive.
Sirius is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. As a government contractor, Sirius takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans; maintains a drug-free workplace; and participates in E-Verify.
Individuals who receive job offers will be required to complete pre-employment screening that includes a background check verifying name, residences, education, work experience, and criminal convictions consistent with the Fair Credit Reporting Act; and a drug test for controlled substances consistent with the Drug-Free Workplace Act and the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Sirius will not sponsor work eligibility for this position.